-Mesh-sieve or cheesecloth
-6 grams cannabis flower
-1 pound unsalted butter
1. Decarboxylate the cannabis
- Heat the oven to 225°F. Spread cannabis buds out into an even layer on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
Take care not to let the temperature go over 225°F and burn (if this happens, you can lose potency).
- Bake for about 35–40 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool before grinding into a coarse powder.
- The decarboxylated cannabis will keep in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for up to 2 months
2. Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the decarboxylated cannabis and cook, taking care not to let the temperature go over 200°F for about 45 minutes.